Doing your own nails is easy with Rock Your Nails dipping powder system.
Follow our step by step instructions to get beautiful, strong healthy nails at a fraction of the cost!
Rock Your Nails step by step dipping instructions
Colour Overlay on natural nails
1. Wash hands
2. Sanitise hands and nail plate
3. Shape nails and file down length if desired.
4. Push back cuticles
5. Remove all dead skin and pterygium from nail plate – gently file or drill (number 1 speed, fine band)
6. Remove shine using block buffer
7. Brush away dust
8. Cleanse nail plate using alcohol or nail polish remover/acetone
1. *STEPS 1 and 2 are OPTIONAL -to add strength and structure: Apply BASE to ¾ of the nail bed. Apply left-right, then right-left
2. Dip in Natural base or clear powder and tap to remove excess powder. Brush away excess.3. Apply a thin coat of BASE. Dip in colour powder – 1mm from cuticle. Tap and use duster brush to remove excess powder.
4. Repeat step 3
5. Apply another thin coat of BASE. Dip in CLEAR powder or another coat of colour. Brush to remove dust.
6. Apply ACTIVATOR to all 10 nails.
7. File and shape nails, block buff.
8. Wash hands - dry nails thoroughly! (If any moisture remains on the nails after washing you will weaken the effectiveness of your Activator)
9. Apply ACTIVATOR again to all 10 nails
10. WIPE nails with a lint free cotton square or tissue. If ACTIVATOR is left wet on the nails it could cause your TOP GEL to harden in the bottle.
11. Apply two thin coats of TOP GEL. Work quickly and wipe brush on paper as you go to keep it clean.
12. Allow 1-2 minutes to dry.
13. Apply cuticle oil to finish (optional)
***The Base and Top gels are very strong glues. ALWAYS take a minute to clean your bottle necks (wipe with acetone on a lint free square ensuring no acetone goes into the bottle) to prevent product drying out and lids sticking.
***If your lid gets stuck run it under hot water to loosen it
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE INSTRUCTIONS HERE