What is Nail Dipping?
Nail Dipping is the latest trend in nails.
An alternative to acrylic and gel, it has become extremely popular and loved by nail techs and clients.
How Nail Dipping works:
A gel/resin base is applied to the nail then dipped into a coloured powder.
After dipping 2-3 times a sealer product is brushed on to the nails to speed up the drying process.
Once dry, the nails are filed and shaped, followed by more sealer and a Gel topcoat.
The powder is basically an acrylic powder but instead of using traditional acrylic liquid (monomer) the gel base is used.
Nail Dipping Advantages for consumers:
- Less odour – there is no strong smell like with acrylic
- Dries super fast – once the final topcoat is applied nails are ready to go in 1-2 minutes
- No UV lamp is used
- Short soak off time – <10 minutes
- When applied and removed correctly does not cause damage to the natural nail
- Colour stays fresh for 2 weeks or more
- Can do colour or French
Nail Dipping Advantages for nail techs:
- Faster application, saves time
- Less filing than acrylic
- Less odour
- Less filing means less dust
- No UV or LED lamp is needed
- No drying time is needed
- Abundant colour choices, including glitter and French
See blog post for detail instructions